Copyright (c) 1990s ??
Trop is played on a Dvonn board. Each player has 9 stones off-board.
- TURN PHASE - Each player alternately drops a friendly stone in an empty cell, until all the stones are on the board.
- JUMP PHASE - On each turn, each player move one friendly stone.
- Stones jump over one adjacent enemy stone (and capturing it) landing on the immediate next empty cell.
- Jumps are not mandatory and may be (optionally) multiple.
- GOAL - The game ends when the next player cannot move. Wins the player that captured more stones
- It is a tie if both players captured the same number of stones.
I would suggest making jumps mandatory (but not enforcing maximal captures) and allow them to be made over friendly stones (with no captures). A jump sequence with no captures should also not end its move at the starting cell (it would be equivalent to pass).
The marked black stone can make a double jump capturing three white stones and ending the game.
I wish to thank Lada Urbanova for this game information.