Copyright (c) 2005 M. Winther
This game is played on an empty 8x8 square board:
There are 12 to 25 stones of each color off-board (the exact number should be decided by the players).
- TURNS - At each turn, each player must do one of the following things:
- Drop a friendly stone into an empty cell.;
- The second stone of the first player should be dropped in the board edge (to balance first-player advantage).
- Move a friendly stone to an orthogonally empty cell;
- CAPTURE - There are custodian captures (if the moving stone goes to a cell where an adjacent enemy stone is sided by it and another friendly stone, then the enemy stone is captured).
- GOAL - Wins the player that (a) makes an orthogonal 4 in-a-row, (b) stalemates the adversary or (c) captures all enemy stones.
Black's turn and all stones were dropped.
Black wins the game by moving the marked stone south. By doing that, it captures e6 and threats to win at e6. So, White must move d6-e6 and then Black replies c6-d6 capturing 3 black stones and winning the game next turn.
There is a ZRF to play Quad with Zillions (however, this ZRF does not seem to implement all Quad rules).