Copyright (c) ? ??
Line 5 is played on a Dvonn board. Each player has 9 stones off-board. This board wraps horizontally around the rows.
- TURN PHASE - Each player alternately drops a friendly stone in an empty cell, until all the stones are on the board.
- JUMP PHASE - On each turn, each player move one friendly stone.
- Stones can move to adjacent empty cells or jump over adjacent stones (of either color) landing on the immediate next empty cell.
- Jumps are not mandatory (there are no captures).
- A jump sequence cannot end at the starting cell.
- GOAL - Wins the player that makes a 5 in-a-row with friendly stones .
Black's turn. White is almost winning (if he moves to ). Black could prevent it by jumping his marked stone to  thru .
However, Black has an immediate win by moving to cell  making an horizontal 5 in-a-row (remember: the rows wrap).
I wish to thank Lada Urbanova for this game information. A related game is Holly and Trop.