Copyright (c) ? Piero Gorini
This game is played on an empty 8x8 square board:
- RINGS -The board is divided in three rings (called outer, middle and inner rings) and the central 2x2 area.
- 1st PHASE - At each turn, each player drops a friendly stone on an empty cell.
- The first move should drop a stone in the outer ring.
- Players drop 12 stones each.
- When the drop phase ends, each ring must have exactly four stones of each player.
- 2nd PHASE - At each turn, each player must do one of the following actions:
- Move a friendly stone to an adjacent empty cell on the same ring;
- Jump over an (orthogonally or diagonally) adjacent enemy piece, landing on the immediate next empty cell, and thus capturing it.
- Jumps must always occur from an exterior ring into an interior ring.
- When a stone jumps into the central area, it is removed from play, and the player earns a point.
- GOAL - When no more jumps are possible, the game ends. Wins the player with more points.
I do not know if captures are mandatory, but I would suggest it. Eventually, the game should also end if a board position is repeated enough times.
The marked white stone may capture one of two black stones. From g6 to e6 or from g6 to e4 (and into the central area, where White would win a point).
The white stone at the outer ring cannot jump, since there are no black stones in the middle ring.
In fact, if White moves g6:e4 the game ends: there are no more possible jumps available.