Copyright (c) 1995 Ljuban Dedic
- TURN - On each turn, each player moves one friendly piece.
- Soldier - moves one cell forward, either orthogonally or diagonally. A soldier ending its move on its last row promotes to King.
- Soldiers capture orthogonally forwards, backwards and sideways by the checkers short leap (must be adjacent to the capturing piece).
- Kings move like chess Rooks, i.e., orthogonally by any number of empty cells.
- Kings capture orthogonally forwards, backwards and sideways by the checkers long leap.
- Capturing is compulsory. Multiple captures may be made in the same turn. The captured pieces are only removed at the end of the turn, and it is not allowed to jump over the same piece twice in that turn, although empty cells may be passed over more than once. Majority capture takes precedence: if a player has a choice of capturing options, he must choose the option that results in the largest number of pieces being captured (Kings and soldiers counting equally).
- GOAL - A player unable to move loses the game.
- Draws may occur by mutual impotence or three-fold repetition of moves.
Black moves to cell  and wins. Red must capture b4:b6. Then g3-g2, f2:h2 and then the Black King at h1 captures all stones, jumping h1:h4:b4:b8:f8.
There is a ZRF to play Croda with Zillions. You can also play and read extensive information about the game at the MindSports Arena.