Copyright (c) ? ??
Castle can be played on a Go board, with the following setup:
- WALLS & CASTLE - The Red dots represent walls. The green dots represent the throne. All the other cells are the ground.
- I assume from the setup that all stones are on wall cells.
- TURN - At each turn, each player moves a friendly stone.
- A stone may orthogonally slide any number of empty cells.
- Sliding is only valid on the ground or on the wall. A slide cannot cross both types of cells.
- A stone cannot slide over or move into his own throne.
- A stone may move to a different type of cell (from a wall to the ground, or vice versa) if that cell is orthogonally adjacent.
- It's possible to capture by replacement (capture is not mandatory).
- GOAL - A player wins when he places one stone at the opponent throne.
I wish to thank Lada Urbanova for this game information. She informed me that this game was described at Zapletal, Milo: Velká encyklopedie her - Hry v klubovně. Olympia, Praha, 1986.