3 6 9
Copyright (c) 1995 Paul Townsend
This game is played on an empty 9x9 square board (there are 81 stones of just one color)
- TURNS - At each turn, each player drop a stone at an empty cell.
- For every 3 stones in any line (orthogonal or diagonal) the player gets 1 point;
- For every 6 stones in any line (orthogonal or diagonal) the player gets 2 points;
- For every 9 stones in any line (orthogonal or diagonal) the player gets 3 points;
- GOAL - When the board is full, the game ends. The player with the higher score wins.
You can play a simpler game on a 6x6 board (where it is only possible to gain 1 or 2 points, of course).
If the next player plays at  he will get 2 points (for making two lines with exactly 3 stones, a vertical and a diagonal one). He also made a line with 4 stones, which does not earn him any point.
If he plays at , he will get 3 points, 2 for the horizontal line of 6 stones, and 1 for the vertical line with 3 stones.
There is at least another cell which results in three points. Can you find it?
Solution: (select the next text): e5
Paul has written a program to play 3-6-9.