Participant recruitment for user study
The University of Lisbon is looking for Twitter and Facebook users to participate in a user research study. The purpose of this study is to assess the SONAAR prototypes developed to support the authoring and consumption of accessible media content. SONAAR is available as a Google Chrome web extension and as an Android application.
SONAAR guides users in providing image descriptions on Twitter and Facebook. It also suggests descriptions for each image being uploaded on these platforms. The same suggestions are also offered by request when a screen reader user encounters an image on a web page or on an Android application screen.
We expect to improve the quantity and quality of image descriptions on social networks, as well as increase user engagement and awareness of accessible practices.
Participation in this study involves:
- Completing a pre-study form about the use of SONAAR;
- Using SONAAR for a period of time;
- Completing a post-study form about social media usage and accessible practices;
- (optional) Being a screen reader user;
- (optional) Recruiting at least three of your social network contacts to also participate in this study, with preference given to people who do not usually post or tweet accessible media content.
You can find more information about the SONAAR project in the SONAAR website.